Are you interested in joining our innovative Family Works team at Presbyterian Support?
- Permanent part-time role
- 21 hours per week
About the role
This role plays a pivotal part in the Presbyterian Support Mid-Canterbury centre. You will be the first contact for our clients and their whānau, visitors and referrers. You will support the day to day functions of the site including customer service, data entry, administrative support for site employees, coordination of meetings and resources and some clerical and accounting work. You will play a key part in welcoming people into the centre and upholding our positive reputation in the community.
What we can offer you
- An opportunity to make a difference, working with all cultures within New Zealand
- Work with highly passionate people
- A safe, healthy and supportive work environment
- A people focused culture
- Extra leave entitlements like Birthday Leave!
What we need from you
Our ideal Candidate will:
- Have 3-4 years of experience in administrative roles preferably in the health or social service sector
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude
- Have great computer skills including email, internet, Microsoft applications and the ability to learn database systems
- Be able to manage confidential information with responsibility and integrity
- Be willing and excited to work with many cultures including Maori from any Iwi
Who we are
Presbyterian Support aims to create a better life for everyone. Our social services are focused on whakawhanaungatanga and manākitanga (relationships and hospitality) to help to build safer, stronger, more connected families and communities. This includes supporting older people to maintain their wellbeing and positive social connections as they age and helping tamariki, teens and families to learn, grow and thrive.
We have sites across the upper South Island covering the Tasman & Marlborough (Te Tau Ihu o te waka a Maui), West Coast (Te Tai Poutini) and Canterbury districts (Ōtautahi & Hakatere).
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, click apply now with your CV and a Cover letter!
Hurry! Applications close 24th May or sooner if the right applicant is found. Applications will be reviewed and processed as they come in so don’t delay!
Applications are made through Seek – you can view the listing here
Confidential enquiries about the role are welcome to Susan Hutchinson on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years’ experience do you have as an administration officer?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
Apply here with your CV and cover letter.
Click here to view and download a full position description.