Tuning into Kids is a parenting program that helps children learn to understand and regulate their emotions.
This event will run once a week on Wednesdays for five weeks, starting on the 3rd of August at 6pm. There will also be a catch up session two weeks after the fifth session. Each session will run for two hours.
Tuning in to Kids is a parenting program that aims to give you helpful ways of teaching your child the skills of emotional intelligence. The program teaches you about how you, as a parent, can help your child develop good emotional skills. It teaches parents:
- awareness and regulation of their own emotions
- awareness of their children’s emotions
- to use children’s emotional experiences as an opportunity for closeness and teaching
- skills in assisting children to verbally label and manage their emotions
- skills in assisting children in problem solving
- to guide children’s behaviour with appropriate limits
Tuning in to Kids involves watching video material, group discussions and exercises, role plays, reading information, and home activities where you try out different ways of responding to your child’s emotions. Parents are encouraged to share experiences and ideas within the group and group leaders may use these as examples to explain and teach the skills of emotion coaching.
Registration for this event is essential. To register contact our Christchurch Service Centre or call us on:
Phone: 03 366 5472