Are you interested in joining our innovative Family Works team at Presbyterian Support?
3 roles available based at Te Korowai office, Christchurch CBD:
2 x Family Workers – Mana Ake Kaimahi – Full-time (Mon – Friday) Fixed term (ending 30th June 2021). Providing support in North Canterbury schools.
1 x Family Worker – Community – Permanent Part-time (20 hours – negotiable days). Providing support in the community.
About the roles
These roles will deliver clinical support with a focus on providing positive strategies and practical support for parents, children and youth who are facing complex challenges. You will often work collaboratively and/or in partnered response within our Family Works team or external agencies.
What we can offer you
- An opportunity to make a difference, working with all cultures within New Zealand
- Work with highly passionate people
- Central location
- A people-focused culture
- Flexible working policies
What we need from you
Our ideal candidate will:
- Hold a relevant qualification and professional registration (Social Worker, Psychologist, Counsellor)
- Have demonstrated experience working with a similar client base and an understanding of the range of opportunities and challenges influencing this group
- Have excellent communication skills and a strong ability to develop relationships
- Have sound computer skills
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience
- Be willing and excited to work with many cultures including Māori from any Iwi
Who we are
Presbyterian Support aims to create a better life for everyone. Our social services are focused on whakawhanaungatanga and manākitanga (relationships and hospitality) to help to build safer, stronger, more connected families and communities. This includes supporting older people to maintain their wellbeing and positive social connections as they age and helping tamariki, teens and families to learn, grow and thrive.
We have sites across the upper South Island covering the Tasman and Marlborough (Te Tau Ihu o te waka a Maui), West Coast (Te Tai Poutini) and Canterbury districts (Ōtautahi & Hakatere).
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, full position description and application form are available below!
To apply, please email email@example.com with your application form, CV and cover letter.
Confidential enquiries are welcome to Steve Thomas – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry! Applications close 12pm Friday 11th December.
To apply you must complete the application form and provide a CV and cover letter.
Click here to view and download a full position description.
Click here to view and download an application form.