Family Worker – Community (Social Worker)
Based in Nelson
Permanent Part-time (32 hours)
About the role
This role will deliver social work support with a focus on providing positive strategies and practical support for young people who are facing complex challenges and their whanāu. This will include group work and one on one sessions and will be based across a variety of settings including school and home. You will often work collaboratively and/ or in partnered response within our Family Works team or external agencies.
What we can offer you
- An opportunity to make a difference, working with a range of cultures within New Zealand
- Work with highly passionate people
- A people focused culture
- Flexible working policies
What we need from you:
Our ideal Candidate will:
- Hold a Social Work qualification and professional registration
- Have demonstrated experience working with a similar client base and an understanding of the range of opportunities and challenges influencing this group
- Have excellent communication skills and a strong ability to develop relationships
- Have sound computer skills
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience
- Be willing and excited to work with many cultures including Maori from any Iwi
Who we are
Presbyterian Support aims to create a better life for everyone. Our social services are focused on whakawhanaungatanga and manākitanga (relationships and hospitality) to help to build safer, stronger, more connected families and communities. This includes supporting older people to maintain their wellbeing and positive social connections as they age and helping tamariki, teens and families to learn, grow and thrive.
We have sites across the upper South Island covering the Tasman & Marlborough (Te Tau Ihu o te waka a Maui), West Coast (Te Tai Poutini) and Canterbury districts (Ōtautahi & Hakatere).
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, click apply now with your CV and a Cover letter!
Visit our website for a full position description
Hurry! Applications close 4pm Monday 1st March 2021.
Applications are made through Seek – you can view the listing here.
Confidential enquiries about the role are welcome to Chris Walsh on Chrisw@psusi.org.nz
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a social worker?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver’s licence?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
Apply here with your CV and cover letter.
Click here to view and download a full position description.