Family Worker – Community (Social Worker, Psychologist, Counsellor)
- Based in Greymouth
- Permanent full-time
- 32-40 hours negotiable
About the role
The purpose of the Family Worker – Community role is to provide individualised support, advocacy, case management and engage additional network connections for young people and their family/whanāu in order to promote mental and emotional wellbeing and enhance family relationships, primarily in response to situations where there has been, or is a risk of, family harm. This may include working with other Presbyterian Support colleagues or other agencies.
What we can offer you
- An opportunity to make a difference, working with a range of cultures within New Zealand
- Work with highly passionate people
- Central location
- A people-focused culture
- Flexible working policies
- Benefits including Birthday Leave!
What we need from you:
Our ideal Candidate will:
- Hold a relevant qualification and professional registration (Social Worker, Psychologist, Counsellor)
- Have demonstrated experience working with a similar client base and an understanding of the range of opportunities and challenges influencing this group
- Have excellent communication skills and a strong ability to develop relationships
- Have sound computer skills
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience
- Be willing and excited to work with many cultures including Maori from any Iwi
Who we are
Presbyterian Support aims to create a better life for everyone. Our social services are focused on whakawhānaungatanga and manākitanga (relationships and hospitality) to help to build safer, stronger, more connected families and communities. This includes supporting older people to maintain their wellbeing and positive social connections as they age and helping tamariki, teens and families to learn, grow and thrive.
We have sites across the upper South Island covering the Tasman & Marlborough (Te Tau Ihu o te waka a Maui), West Coast (Te Tai Poutini) and Canterbury districts (Ōtautahi & Hakatere).
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, click apply now with your CV and a Cover letter!
Applications are made through Seek – you can view the listing here
Hurry! Applications close Thursday 14th October 2021
Confidential enquiries about the role are welcome to Teri-Anne on email@example.com
Apply here with your CV and cover letter.
Click here to view and download a full position description.
Click here to view our Values Statement