Are you interested in joining our innovative Family Works team at Presbyterian Support?
FAMILY WORKER / COUNSELLOR
Permanent Part-time – 32 hours
(Flexibility on total hours can be discussed including the potential for these proposed hours to be reduced or increased)
Flexible between Monday and Friday 8.30 – 5pm
About the role
The Counsellor role is focused on supporting children and their family / whanāu who are facing complex challenges. The aim is to enable positive strategies and practical support for children and parents, who will benefit from strengths based intervention; to improve their well-being and contribute to long term positive outcomes. This role will require collaborative and/or partnered responses in order to facilitate good outcomes with our clients; while working in the community or based at our Ashburton office.
What we can offer you
At Presbyterian Support we offer:
- Stimulating, challenging and rewarding work
- A motivated, experienced and creative team
- A safe, healthy and supportive working environment
- Flexible working policies
What we need from you
Our ideal Candidate will:
- Hold a relevant Counselling qualification and current professional registration
- Have an openness to and enjoyment of differences in values, beliefs and cultural practices
- Have experience in liaising with other stakeholder groups – e.g. Oranga Tamariki, Health and Primary Mental Health services, schools, other relevant community agencies
- Be able to take responsibility, show initiative and is punctual and self-motivated
- Have a commitment to high quality of work and professionalism, and possess highly developed communication skills
Who we are
Presbyterian Support aims to create a better life for everyone. Our social services are focused on whakawhāngatanga and manākitanga (relationships and hospitality) to help to build safer, stronger, more connected families and communities. This includes supporting older people to maintain their wellbeing and positive social connections as they age and helping tamariki, teens and families to learn, grow and thrive.
We have sites across the upper South Island covering the Tasman & Marlborough (Te Tau Ihu o te waka a Maui), West Coast (Poutini) and Canterbury districts (Ōtautahi & Hakatere).
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
To apply you must complete the Application Form and provide a CV and Cover letter – available below.
Please email your application, CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Hurry! Applications close Thursday 13 August 2020, at 5pm
Click here to view and download a full position description.
Click here to view and download an application form.