Family Worker – Mana Ake Kaimahi
Based from Christchurch CBD, supporting schools in the Selwyn district:
Fixed-term full-time ending 30th June 2021.
About the role
This position supports the Mana Ake – Stronger for Tomorrow initiative. It has a particular focus on providing early intervention for children, whānau and schools, when children are experiencing ongoing issues that are impacting their wellbeing and mental health.
What we can offer you
- An opportunity to make a difference, working with a range of cultures within New Zealand
- Work with highly passionate people
- A people focused culture
- Flexible working policies
What we need from you:
Our ideal Candidate will:
- Hold a relevant qualification and professional registration (Social Worker, Psychologist, Counsellor)
- Have demonstrated experience working with a similar client base and an understanding of the range of opportunities and challenges influencing this group
- Have excellent communication skills and a strong ability to develop relationships
- Have sound computer skills
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience
- Be willing and excited to work with many cultures including Maori from any Iwi
Who we are
Presbyterian Support aims to create a better life for everyone. Our social services are focused on whakawhanaungatanga and manākitanga (relationships and hospitality) to help to build safer, stronger, more connected families and communities. This includes supporting older people to maintain their wellbeing and positive social connections as they age and helping tamariki, teens and families to learn, grow and thrive.
We have sites across the upper South Island covering the Tasman & Marlborough (Te Tau Ihu o te waka a Maui), West Coast (Te Tai Poutini) and Canterbury districts (Ōtautahi & Hakatere).
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, click apply now with your CV and a Cover letter!
Hurry! Applications close 4pm Thursday 28th January 2021.
Applications are made through Seek – you can view the listing here.
Confidential enquiries about the role are welcome to Nadia Dick on email@example.com
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have a current New Zealand driver’s licence?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
To apply you must complete the application form and provide a CV and cover letter.
Click here to view and download a full position description.