Are you interested in joining our innovative Family Works team at Presbyterian Support?
FAMILY WORKER / SOCIAL WORKER
Permanent Full-time (Part-time can be considered)
8:30am – 5:00 Monday to Friday
Te Korowai, Christchurch CBD (Ōtautahi)
About the role:
This role will deliver community and home-based support with a focus on providing positive strategies and practical support for parents, children and youth who are facing complex challenges. You will often work collaboratively and/ or in partnered response within our Family Works team or external agencies.
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity to make a difference, working with all cultures within New Zealand
- Work with a motivated, experienced and creative team
- Central location and a brand new building
- A people focused culture with a safe, healthy and supportive working environment
What we need from you:
Our ideal Candidate will…
- Holds a tertiary B level qualification or equivalent in Social Work, Counselling, Psychology or Occupational Therapy.
- Current membership with professional body
- Have working knowledge of relevant legislation including the Oranga Tamariki Act 1989 and Family Violence Act 2018 or willingness to learn
- Have excellent communication and people skills, with the ability to handle conflict and challenging situations with an open and engaging manner
- Have previous experience working in a similar role and has good knowledge of the range of opportunities and issues influencing positive family dynamics
- Have knowledge of relevant community networks
- Sound computer skills including the use of email, internet and Microsoft applications (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience
- Openness to and enjoyment of differences in values, beliefs and cultural practices Commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
Who we are:
Presbyterian Support aims to create a better life for everyone. Our social services are focused on whakawhāngatanga and manākitanga (relationships and hospitality) to help to build safer, stronger, more connected families and communities. This includes supporting older people to maintain their wellbeing and positive social connections as they age and helping tamariki, teens and families to learn, grow and thrive.
We have sites across the upper South Island covering the Tasman & Marlborough (Te Tau Ihu o te waka a Maui), West Coast (Poutini) and Canterbury districts (Ōtautahi & Hakatere).
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please download the Position Description and Application form below. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your application form, cover letter and CV.
To apply you must complete the Application Form and provide a CV and Cover letter – available below.
Confidential enquiries are welcome – Phone Victoria Newcombe Family Works Service Manager on 021 077 0838.
Hurry! Applications close 5pm Tuesday 25th February 2020.
Click here to view and download a full job description.
Click here to view and download an application form.