- Based in Greymouth
- Permanent part-time (28 hours per week – negotiable)
About the role
The aim of this role is to coordinate and oversee the Homeshare programme on the West Coast including recruitment of hosts, training and support and monitoring and support of clients. The Homeshare programme offers small group day programmes hosted within a host’s home, that meets the individual needs of a group of socially isolated older people from within the community. The programme has a focus on providing socialisation, meaningful activities, a nutritious meal, and exercise.
Travel to Hokitika and Westport will be required.
What we can offer you
- An opportunity to make a difference, working with a range of cultures within New Zealand
- Work with highly passionate people
- A people focused culture
- Flexible working policies
What we need from you:
Our ideal Candidate will:
- Have demonstrated experience working with a similar client base and an understanding of the range of opportunities and challenges influencing this group
- Knowledge of planning and implementation of social programmes
- Have excellent communication skills and a strong ability to develop relationships
- Leadership experience including recruitment of staff and volunteers
- A relevant Health or social Service qualification is desirable
- Full & Clean drivers license
- Have sound computer skills
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience
- Be willing and excited to work with many cultures including Maori from any Iwi
Who we are
Presbyterian Support aims to create a better life for everyone. Our social services are focused on whakawhanaungatanga and manākitanga (relationships and hospitality) to help to build safer, stronger, more connected families and communities. This includes supporting older people to maintain their wellbeing and positive social connections as they age and helping tamariki, teens and families to learn, grow and thrive.
We have sites across the upper South Island covering the Tasman & Marlborough (Te Tau Ihu o te waka a Maui), West Coast (Te Tai Poutini) and Canterbury districts (Ōtautahi & Hakatere).
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, click apply now with your CV and a Cover letter!
Hurry! Applications close end of day 10th March 2021 or sooner if the right applicant is found.
Applications are made through Seek – you can view the listing here.
Confidential enquiries about the role are welcome to Chris Walsh on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- Do you have experience in administration?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- What’s your expected hourly rate?
Apply here with your CV and cover letter.
Click here to view and download a full position description.