Permanent part-time role
32 hours flexible (Mon – Friday)
Based from Te Korowai office, Christchurch CBD, Ōtautahi
About the role
The purpose of this role is to facilitate the intake process for new referrals to the Family Works – Community services including waitlist prioritisation, triage and delegation of clients within the Family Works – Community team and support and redirection of any referrals not relevant to Presbyterian Support Upper South Island. This will include database administration including the collection, preparation and management of client data for statistics and reporting.
This role will also provide brief intervention clinical support to new referrals where relevant and group planning, support and facilitation when required.
What we can offer you
- An opportunity to make a difference, working with a range of cultures within New Zealand
- The opportunity to work with highly passionate people
- Central location
- A people-focused culture with family leave and birthday leave entitlements
- Flexible working policies
What we need from you
Our ideal candidate will:
- Hold a relevant qualification or have equivalent experience
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Have previous experience working in the social service sector or similar
- Have excellent computer skills
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience
- Be driven to go above and beyond to provide excellent support services
- Be willing and excited to work with many cultures including Maori from any Iwi
Who we are
Presbyterian Support aims to create a better life for everyone. Our social services are focused on whakawhanaungatanga and manākitanga (relationships and hospitality) to help to build safer, stronger, more connected families and communities. This includes supporting older people to maintain their wellbeing and positive social connections as they age and helping tamariki, teens and families to learn, grow and thrive.
We have sites across the upper South Island covering the Tasman, Marlborough (Te Tau Ihu o te waka a Maui), West Coast (Te Tai Poutini) and Canterbury (Ōtautahi & Hakatere).
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, download the full position description and application form below!
To apply, please email email@example.com with your application form, CV and cover letter.
Confidential enquiries are welcome to Steve Thomas – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hurry! Applications close 12pm Friday 11th December 2020.
To apply you must complete the application form and provide a CV and cover letter.
Click here to view and download a full position description.
Click here to view and download an application form.