Presbyterian Support USI (PSUSI) is an innovative not-for-profit organisation that helps deliver safer, stronger, more connected families and communities. We deliver social services for children and families as well as for older people.
Registered Child and Family Psychologist
(Part time 20 or by negotiable Full time 32 hrs per week)
We have an exciting new role for a Psychologist (or Intern) in our Ashburton Family Works Team, based at the Trevor Wilson Centre. The role will deliver community and home-based support to families and children facing complex challenges. The focus is to provide positive strategies and practical support and for parents, children and youth who will benefit from in depth assessment and strength based intervention to improve their well-being and contribute to long term positive outcomes. This work will often require collaborative and/or partnered responses either within our Family Works team or with external agencies in order to facilitate good outcomes with our clients.
We wish to appoint a caring and compassionate team member who holds a relevant professional qualification and registration; or is working towards. However, students in their final year of study in Child and Family Psychology would be considered; initially on a fixed term contract, which may then be extended.
MANA AKE KAIMAHI Child & Family Worker
(Full time 40 hrs per week – Fixed term until June 2021)
Presbyterian Support is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated Kaimahi to join our supportive multidisciplinary Family Works team at the Trevor Wilson Centre. The Mana Ake – Stronger for Tomorrow initiative aims to work with and through school communities to support families and whānau with children from year’s five to twelve, who are experiencing ongoing challenges that are impacting on their resilience and wellbeing. This role will require collaborative and/or partnered responses either from within the wider Mana Ake team or with other local agencies; including our own Family Works team.
Ideally your application will evidence training and professional development in the areas of supporting parenting, child development and/or mental wellness and resilience. You will need a drivers licence.
We wish to appoint a caring and compassionate staff member’s who:
- Holds a relevant professional qualification and registration (however students in their final year will be considered on an internship basis)
- Can ideally demonstrate experience working successfully in the community and has knowledge of the range of opportunities and issues influencing positive family dynamics,
- Holds knowledge of relevant community networks and resources including those important to Maori and Pacifica families,
- Has experience in liaising with other stakeholder groups – e.g. Oranga Tamariki (CYF), CDHB and Primary Mental Health services, Work and Income, schools, other education and health providers, other relevant community agencies,
- Has a commitment to the principals of the Treaty of Waitangi, and can demonstrate cultural competence,
- Has a working knowledge of CYP&F Act, Children’s Action Plan including Vulnerable Children’s Act and Domestic Violence Act or willingness to train.
Ideally you will be IT literate and able to work in a busy environment, comfortable managing a caseload while contributing your skills and expertise to the broader team. There is some flexibility of work hours.
At Presbyterian Support we offer:
- Stimulating, challenging and rewarding work
- A motivated, experienced and creative team
- A safe, healthy and supportive working environment
- The opportunity to contribute to strengthening communities and enhancing opportunities for families
Job descriptions and application forms are available by phoning reception on 03 2616907, or e-mail Suz Hutchinson, Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org; confidential enquiries welcome. To apply you must fill out an application form: available below.
Applications close on the 18th November 2019, at 5pm. Your application form, cover letter and CV must be emailed to email@example.com
Click here to view and download a full job description (Mana Ake Kaimahi).
Click here to view and download a full job description (Registered Child & Family Psychologist).
Click here to view and download an application form.