Are you interested in joining our innovative Family Works team at Presbyterian Support?
Family Works Team Leader & Social Worker in Schools
Permanent full – time role
Monday to Friday 8.30 – 5pm
About the role
This role has has a lot of variety and includes a mix of hand-on community support and in-house leadership.
The hands-on components of this role include acting as a Social Worker in Schools (SWiS) which is focused on supporting children and their family / whanāu while they are facing complex challenges. The aim is to enable positive strategies and practical support for children and parents, who will benefit from strengths based intervention; to improve their well-being and contribute to long term positive outcomes. This role will require collaborative and/or partnered responses in order to facilitate good outcomes with our clients. In addition to this work you will provide support to parents by co-facilitating group programmes aimed to develop positive family relationships, empower parents to make change and to manage difficult behaviour.
The Team Leader aspect of the role holds responsibility to work alongside the Area Manager, to provide leadership and support to the Mid-Canterbury Family Works Team. To ensure that service responses are well coordinated and integrated. The role will include oversight of group programmes, student placements, leadership and administrative supervision of employees and responsibility for maintaining relevant external relationships.
What we can offer you
At Presbyterian Support we offer:
- Stimulating, challenging and rewarding work
- A motivated, experienced and creative team
- A safe, healthy and supportive working environment
- The opportunity to contribute to strengthening communities and enhancing opportunities for families
What we need from you
Our ideal Candidate will:
- Hold a relevant qualification and professional registration
- Have experience in a leadership/supervisory role or have the capability and willingness to develop these skills
- Experience with group facilitation or public speaking
- Openness to and enjoyment of differences in values, beliefs and cultural practices
- Has experience in liaising with other stakeholder groups – e.g. Oranga Tamariki, Health and Primary Mental Health services, schools, other relevant community agencies
- Able to take responsibility, show initiative and is punctual and self-motivated
- A commitment to high quality of work and professionalism, and possess highly developed communication skills
Who we are
Presbyterian Support aims to create a better life for everyone. Our social services are focused on whakawhāngatanga and manākitanga (relationships and hospitality) to help to build safer, stronger, more connected families and communities. This includes supporting older people to maintain their wellbeing and positive social connections as they age and helping tamariki, teens and families to learn, grow and thrive.
We have sites across the upper South Island covering the Tasman & Marlborough (Te Tau Ihu o te waka a Maui), West Coast (Poutini) and Canterbury districts (Ōtautahi & Hakatere).
Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please download the application form. Your application form, CV and Cover letter can then be emailed to email@example.com
Enquiries about the role can be directed to Susan Hutchinson on firstname.lastname@example.org
Haere mai whānau!
Hurry! Applications close 29th May at 5pm
Click here to view and download a full job description.
Click here to view and download the Incredible Years Programme job description.
Click here to view and download an application form.